Puntolab Análisis Clínicos is located in the city of Salamanca, Spain, and it is a laboratory with a long professional history. The laboratory processes approximately 22,000 samples per year from many different profiles, from basic medical checks to more advanced diagnostics for specialised medicine. The laboratory is run by a multidisciplinary team of five people. They are responsible for everything from taking blood from patients, analysis of the samples right through to the interpretation and reporting of results.
In October 2013 we decided to incorporate the LUMIPULSE G1200 in our laboratory due to the requirement to increase the repertoire of tests offered. The introduction of these new parameters was justified by the medical advantage they created and the fact that they could be analysed along with our other routine tests.
We work with different reagents, grouped in the following panels:
- Hormonal profile: Thyroid and reproductive hormones.
- Serological markers of diabetes: Insulin and C-peptide.
- General and specific tumour markers, allowing us to diagnose and follow-up of our oncology patients.
- Infectious serology, as Treponema and HBsAg (Hepatitis B Surface antigen).
During the two and a half years working with LUMIPULSE, we would like to emphasize its ease of use together with the following benefits:
- Robustness of the equipment and choice of parameters.
- Accurate and precise results.
- Good communication with the Laboratory information systems (LIS).
- Reduction in carry-over due to the monotest cartridge reagents and the use of disposable tips.
- Good design of the system, particularly related to the substrate and ease in which it can be changed.
- Ease of calibration of reagents and very good calibration stability for the majority of reagents.
- Use of a tri-level multi-analyte control (Seronorm), which makes it very easy to control the system, reagents and consumables.
Our team is very satisfied with the LUMIPULSE G1200 because it allows us to work with greater reliability and provides good diagnostic performance. It also makes our daily life much easier.
We would like to express our gratitude to the wonderful team you have in Fujirebio for your excellent commercial, technical, scientific and product support personnel.
Greetings from Puntolab team